Menzel Elektromotoren manufactures medium voltage motors of the squirrel cage or slip ring type, typically for nominal voltages between 3 kV and 11 kV. Custom constructions deviating from these specs are available for nominal voltages of up to 13.8 kV. Standard frequencies are 50 and 60 Hz.
We build high-voltage motors with the following standard configurations:
Configuration IM B3 for horizontal installation
Configuration IM V1 for vertical installation
Standard cooling types:
- IC 411 (fin-cooled)
- IC 611 (with air-air heat exchanger)
- IC 81 W (with air-water heat exchanger)
- IC 01 (open circuit air-cooled)
Standard degrees of protection:
- IP 55 (fully enclosed)
- IP 23 (open construction, open circuit air-cooled, with drip-water protection, suitable for indoor installation only)
Ambient conditions according to IEC standard (deviations from these are certainly possible):
- Ambient temperature 40°C max.
- No direct exposure to sunlight
- Relative humidity 95% max.
- Installations at elevations of up to 1000 m above sea level
- Voltage stability: ± 5%
- Frequency stability: ± 2%